Ms Judy Cheung, Deputy General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, is looking forward to a successful three days of business exchange: “This year's show carries immense significance, as it marks its first return since 2020 after being interrupted by the pandemic. Players from across the entire industry are eager to once again gather at the fairground to reconnect and unveil their latest in stationery, office supplies, hobby, arts and craft supplies. Additionally, this year’s show has been further enriched by including trendy consumer lifestyle goods. We can’t wait for exhibitors and buyers to take advantage of the expanded range of products and make the most of this exciting opportunity for new business to be generated.”
The show will house exhibitors from 11 countries and regions, hailing from China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Korea, Norway, Taiwan and the UK, across 17,000 sqm of hall space. Key exhibitors include: Aton, Benstore, Bingxin, Black Stone, Brandland, China First Pencil, Chinjoo, CJP, Conda, Delijia, Deli, Guangbo, Huizhi, iiGen, KW-Trio, Magi-Wap, Marie’s, M&G, Mont Marte, Phoenix, Platinum, Superior, Tenwin, Tuqiang, Wanjuchuangxiang, X&Y and Xinda.
Each edition, the show attracts buyers from around the world, and this year is no exception. Overseas buyers from Australia, Belgium, France, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Thailand, the USA and more, have already pre-registered for the fair.
Varied product zones formed to encourage efficient sourcing
To cater to different sourcing needs, the fair will feature four themed interactive product zones. Each zone promises to engage visitors with its unique concept, providing inspiration and fostering unparalleled business opportunities.
· The Zakka Shop: This newly launched area will feature over 20 manufacturers showcasing and selling their own branded products directly to buyers, ranging from colour pens, correction tapes, stickers, greeting cards to paper art and desk organiser items.
· Twenty Pro International Brand Pavilion: 14 overseas exhibitors featuring over 20 renowned international brands will make their debut in the form of a dedicated pavilion at Paperworld China. They include Maped from France; Faber-Castell and Stabilo from Germany; Crux, Green Flash, Iwako, Lihit Lab, King Jim, Kuretake, Maruman, Nakabayashi, Sakura, San-X, Showa note, Tombow, Tsukineko, Sun-star, Uni and Zebra from Japan and Morning Glory from Korea.
· Journal Event: Some 60 suppliers will display their quality calendars, planners, notebooks, appointment books and decoration accessories. It’s a dedicated space designed to show attendees how to customise their journals in different styles with guidance from specialists, offering creative suggestions for their use.
· Cultural Exchange Plaza: Highlighting the dynamic fusion of culture and style, and the importance of Chinese calligraphy as a means of appreciating traditional culture and art education, visitors will be able to participate in the “Calligraphy for all” workshop, which will be held in collaboration with the famous Chinese online calligraphy channel “Let’s practice calligraphy". The “Shangshou DIY Workshop” offers another dimension to these cultural exchanges. Here, handcraft enthusiasts can create their own dolls, coffee cup sleeves, handkerchiefs, and accessories. An exciting addition to these workshops is the “Make Font” sessions, where experts will demonstrate how to design Chinese characters in unique personal styles.
New at Paperworld China: Live streaming cooperation with influencers
The growing demand for online streaming has underlined the importance that digital communication platforms are playing. It is no secret that China is heralded as one of the biggest markets for events streaming. To enable wider participation, the organisers are collaborating with stationery field influencers from two reputable Chinese social media and e-commerce platforms – Tiktok and Little Red Book (Xiaohongshu). They will be live streaming from the fairground, allowing over 1.3 million followers from across the country to tune in to the fair’s highlights. This is expected to further generate sales for exhibiting manufacturers, suppliers and agents, making this year’s show an even more effective place for overseas suppliers to promote their brands to Chinese buyers.
Diverse fringe programme to enrich fairgoer’s experience
Together with the China Stationery and Sporting Goods Association (CSSGA), over 20 seminars covering varied topics are organised, allowing industry practitioners to gather to share their insights and discuss future development. Featured events include:
· Academic Forum on the Development of China’s Professional Artist Supplies: China is currently a major manufacturer of art pigments and painting materials, and is also becoming a large market for these materials. 16 artists and scholars from renowned colleges, research institutions and industry associations will discuss the latest trends in its market development. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of both the industry’s product requirements and the technological advancements in the field of art materials.
· Quality and Safety of Student Stationery and its Development Conference: Industry experts will discuss the current state and future trends of the student stationery industry in China. This influential conference will bring together representatives from stationery manufacturers, retailers, distributors and online merchants, diving into topics of quality and safety standards.
· China Stationery and Office Supplies New Product Launch 2023: This event will serve as a platform for industry leading companies to put the spotlight on their latest and most innovative products in the educational and office supplies sector. From breakthrough technologies to user-friendly designs and sustainable materials, this event will showcase a diverse range of new products that cater to the evolving needs of the modern educational and office environments.
· FlagTalk – Art, Flowing Poetry: The FlagTalk seminar and workshops are must-attend sessions for art lovers. Seven speakers from fields including drama, literature, design, AIGC and non-heritage arts will share their insights on the beauty and future of art, inspiring participants’ thoughts on art and lifestyles.
· Sharing: Breakthrough Elements of Trendy Cultural Products: Going global, live streaming, intellectual property design, and eco-friendly materials are important strategies for business expansion. Participants will discover valuable knowledge from industry experts on how to excel in this dynamic landscape.
Paperword China is organised by the China Stationery and Sporting Goods Association (CSSGA) and Messe Frankfurt (Shanghai) Co Ltd, and is the only trade fair in the domestic stationery industry that receives official support from the CSSGA, an influential national industry association in China. For more information about the show, please visit www.paperworldchina.com or email: email@example.com
Press information and photographic material:
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is one of the world’s leading trade fair, congress and event organisers with their own exhibition grounds. With a workforce of some 2,160 people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 28 subsidiaries, it organises events around the world. Group sales in financial year 2022 were around €454 million. We serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of Messe Frankfurt’s key strengths is its powerful and closely knit global sales network, which covers around 180 countries in all regions of the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are using our digital expertise to develop new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Sustainability is a central pillar of our corporate strategy. Here, we strike a healthy balance between ecological and economic interests, social responsibility and diversity.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com/sustainability. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent). For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
- PWC23_OR (pdf, 141 KB)